I'm looking for a budget friendly way to update this fireplace

+5
I would paint this but I really don't like the non-staggered brick so I'd like to cover the brick with something. Would like a rustic wood mantel that goes all the way across. I don't mind the wood, but it's rough, needs to be sanded, and maybe stained? I'm really just looking for some great suggestions! :) Thanks!
q i m looking for a budget friendly way to update this fireplace
  • Janet Janet on Jun 05, 2018
    Perhaps you could stucco it and loose some of the accessories it looks a little busy.
  • Kiki Kiki on Jun 05, 2018
    TAKE ALL OUT AND PUT IN 1 LG - WREATH - MIRROR - FLORAL ARRANGEMENT - MAYBE SCONCES ON SIDES
  • Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Jun 05, 2018
    Determine your budget - it will dictate what/how much you can do!
    First thing - have someone come inspect the fireplace to be sure it's in good shape. I have lots of ideas once I know the budget.
  • Rosemary N Rosemary N on Jun 05, 2018
    You could whitewash the brick to tone down the color a bit, then install a thick, rustic wooden mantel - very plain - , and put some flowers on it, or perhaps a mirror above it.

• Cathy Cathy on Jun 05, 2018
    Budget - probably up to $1500. Fireplace is fine - gas with logs, which I love. :)
  • Happy Days Hometalker Happy Days Hometalker on Jun 14, 2018
    Start with paint or white wash, live with it awhile, if still not happy, go to step two, new mantel or frame it in. Best of luck to you .
  • Cathy Cathy on Jun 15, 2018
    I think that is what I will do Happy Days. :)
  • Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Dec 07, 2020

In my opinion, paint is the best option:

Home and Garden DIY Ideas | Hometalk