Vertical Sunshine Garden

$20

I should have taken pictures of the before process but here is my take on a vertical flower planter using a pallet some empty plastic soda bottles and 2 6'x2's
I just attached the 2x6's to the back of the pallet. I buried the bottom of the posts about 1 foot in the ground and then put a couple of nails in the top and the fence to stabilize.
I just free hand drew the daisy then stained and painted. Clearly nothing fancy. The turquoise is stain and the white, yellow, orange and black are paint. After it dried I covered it all in 2 coats of poly
I wanted something cheap to plant in so I decided to try soda bottles.
some vertical
some horizontal. I just used my utility knife to cut out a section and poke a hole for drainage
I attached the bottles with my trusty staple gun
I sprayed a little turquois paint in the bottoms of the bottles just for color
I cut the tops off of the soda bottles but and then put the plastic back in the hole just to keep the dirt from washing out. You could leave the tops on if you wanted. I just didn't like the red tops.
Then I started planting. I went with pink and orange petunias
More flowers
And here it is all planted. I think it's pretty and when summer is over I just recycle those soda bottles. The only real cost is the cost of the plants. We were drinking those drinks anyway so this is just another way to recycle the bottles. You could use the bottles directly on your fence if you didn't want to mess with the pallet.

15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas

• Wil10751567

I will try this if I can figure out how you ATTACHED the bottles

to the wood (???????)

I found a half pallet during our Spring clean up week

on a boulevard and had kind of the same idea but

maybe with plastic pots.

• Cari

I just used a staple gun and stapled them to the pallet. I've done different pallets before and used plastic pots but honestly the bottles have held up better and they don't take away from the flowers.

• Tammy

I tried this but the weight of the dirt , once the bottle was filled, caused the plastic to tear away from the staples. And it eventually fell. Am I doing something wrong or different than your post? Loved your idea thank you!

• Meem Kaplan

You could also use belts or straps around the bottles and tacked onto the slats. Rather like those shelves on other Hometalk posts.