Wendy
Wendy
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Far Rockaway, NY

Ladder to Easy Peasy Magazine Rack

$6

I came across this abandoned ladder and knew I needed to grab it and take it home! I had a few ideas running through my mind and once I got home, I decided that it would be turned into a magazine rack. Take a look at how I did it!
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
This was honestly so easy to accomplish. All I needed was chicken wire and a staple gun!
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
I began by stapling the chicken wire onto the ladder in order to begin creating the pockets that will hold the magazines.
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
One panel of chicken wire in the front, and one in the back!
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
I attached a strip of fabric to the top of lip of the pocket to avoid chicken wire scratches (ouch!) and for a fun farmhouse look!
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
Everything was attached using a staple gun- so easy!
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
I first stapled, then trimmed the chicken wire to make sure I was using enough.
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
I created three pockets that are each at a reachable spot on the ladder. And voila! It is complete!
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
I packed in all my reading gear, and it works perfectly!
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
ladder to easy peasy magazine rack
It also looks great in my space! This was so simple and easy to do! Now go find a ladder so you can make one too!

• Dee

Did you form the pockets using the chicken wire also?

• Wendy

My pleasure, and thanks for the lovely compliment!

• Janice

Wendy, How clever are you? It's always fun to make something useful out of "free, found" stuff! Great thinking!

• Lsherbach

Never thought of that

• Dianacirce70

Whata great find! I love the magazine rack, and I'd have a dozen other uses for it. I've wanted to find one for ages!