DIY Faux Barn Wood Finish

$25

I did it again.

Sometimes you love a finish so much, it needs to be repeated. As soon as I picked up this piece at a my favorite furniture store, I knew exactly what I was going to do with it!

diy faux barn wood finish

Barn wood furniture is rustic, aged, and so popular, BUT a faux barn wood finish is something you can do to just about anything! 

This combination is classic, fresh and a great way to incorporate some farmhouse style in a home. 

diy faux barn wood finish

I started by painting the top of these Milk Paint, (you can also use gray stain if your wood is in pretty good shape), then I added layers of walnut and oak stain. Applying it in the direction of the grain in just the right way mimics the look of old weathered barn wood. 

diy faux barn wood finish

I had some chalk paint on hand from a new brand I was trying out. It was the perfect color for the chunky turned legs on this table. Honestly, I really didn't love the paint, it was sticky and hard to get a smooth finish without showing brush strokes. Chalk paint is sometimes supposed to show brushstrokes, but after using GF Milk Paint for so long, I just prefer the nice smooth finish Milk Paint gives. 

I distressed the edges just a bit to show some of the edges and turns. 

diy faux barn wood finish

I had this one knob in my stash from Hobby Lobby, I thought it was the perfect contrast - a little bling with the barn wood finish. 

diy faux barn wood finish

Hard to believe that's the same table don't you think? Want more details? I have a full tutorial available, just click the blog link below:

👇👇👇👇

http://www.rootsandwingsfurniture.com/blog/barnwoodconsole

If you like this project please subscribe to my emails for all my current projects. Follow me on Facebook @RootsandWingsFurniture where I share even more of my tips and advice. 

Jenni Ingram