I am in North Texas DFW. How can I organically get rid of ants?

Joy30150932Joanna TonnK lord
+11

I literally have billions of ants and have tried everything. I am all organic and raising food. The ants have gotten into my raised beds and pots and so I don't want to give them something to die that will actually hurt my vegetables. I don't want to use chemicals.

• Eileen
    Eileen

Ohh use orange essential oil. It works like a charm!! Rub it on cotton balls or on the pots. I've also used cayenne pepper and they moved out of my garden right away.

• Mike
    Mike

EcoRaider is an organic friendly to people & pets that cures all creepy crawlers.
  • Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure
    Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

I use packaged cornbread mix that says it is sweetened and put it where they are. They will take it to the mound, everyone will eat it and die, they can't digest the cornmeal, but will take it because it is sweetened. Little goes a long way.

I did some research, since we know what works for one person doesn't always work for another. I found this site and it's pretty informative. I know some tips you may not be able to use but there are some good ones also that will hopefully help.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/pest-control/how-to-get-rid-of-ants/view-all/

• K lord
      K lord

Thanks. First I put the cornmeal on the trails that I saw but it didn't seem to make a difference. Which is weird because then I drilled holes in the top of a bottle and put some cornmeal and sugar in it and laid it down in the garden and I see some dead ants in there.

• K lord
      K lord

I tried all except #13 the fake sugar one. I really didn't want to use Borax in the back because it's all organic and even though it says borax As Natural I doubt that it's very good for my garden but I haven't been able to find any research to see if it's bad for your food when you're growing organic

• Eileen
    Eileen

Awww sorry to hear that!! Did you try the pepper and the orange oil?

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure
    Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

Ants are so weird. One time I found them inside the freezer in the garage!! What would possess them to go inside a freezer only to die? They must have sent signals back or something ~ there were no ant trails only a freezer full of dead ants. Hasn't happened since.
  • Cga4271864
    Cga4271864

I put thin line of Ajax w/bleach (brand doesn't matter) on all cracks and perimeter walls outside house. Ants hate crossing the grit.

Inside my home, sponge mopped floor using ajax and sprayed a small bit of ant spray on tile and around baseboards in carpeted rooms. Give it about half hour to dry then mop clean. I clean with my steamer. It didn't harm pets or 5 grandchildren. But you have to them take out to the park for fun while floors dry! I didn't allow anyone to eat anything dropped on the floors!

I did this last year, no ants in home since...really have to watch those cookie crumbs and doggie treats left laying around. Outside took less than an hour. Inside room by room over a couple of days since I am disabled.

• K lord
    K lord

The problem I am having is outdoors but thanks.

• Joanna Tonn
    Joanna Tonn

Diatomaceous earth is ground fossils, so I guess it's organic? I use it all over my house and on pets for fleas, also kills cockroaches. Not sure if it's organic though. Here's another website for essential oils. I use tea tree oil alot. God bless!
  • Joy30150932
    Joy30150932

I used the mix of borax, sugar and water and the ants along with the hills have disappeared.