Iconic Cities Chest

$60
2 Weeks

Found this 3 drawer chest for a bargain price - loved the curves.
This piece - although blond wood - was in very good condition, an easy piece for resale.
I cleaned it with alcohol, and did a light sanding. I removed the drawers ( and old contact paper lining the drawers ) - it left a very sticky drawer bottom!
I decided on iconic cities as the theme. I searched, edited, and printed nearly 100 photographs for the new drawer lining. I put down a coat of mod podge:
I arranged the printed pics, let dry, and applied a second coat of mod podge. Clever way to get around the old sticky residue and update at the same time.
I chose “Toasted Poppyseed” as the color for the piece. Kilz Chalk Paint.
Two coats of paint later and drawers completed.
I then stenciled the names of my choice of iconic Cities. Pics of each city coordinate with the name on the drawer. Paint color on stenciling is “Curry.”
Here it shows drawers open revealing the pics.
I really love how this piece turned out - it will be for sale at Anita’s downtown DeLand Florida.

25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas

• Steve

How did you get the toasted poppy seed to lay down so flat?

• Steve

How did you get the toasted poppy seed to lay down so flat. I have been mixing with water and it's gotten a little better but nowhere near as nice as this.

• Susie

Your work is great ! Very creative - do you like the Kilz brand of chalk paint the best??? This project is down my alley - the final piece could be used in so many ways! Luv it!

• Teresa Seeger-Gesser

Thank you very much! Coming up with ideas to make someone “can’t live without it,” is a passion of mine. I take my time & and put thought & love into every piece I restore ❤️