Asked on Sep 5, 2018

How do I whiten dingy white drapes?

RondaEmy Flint | Semigloss DesignSabrena Patterson
+4

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes

Terryi...Try filling sink with hot water to submerge curtains fully. Add 2 cups of lemon juice and mix well. Soak curtains for 1 hr. then squeeze excess water out and hang in bright sunlight to dry. After air drying outside, machine wash again and tumble dry on low heat. I hope this works but may depend on material. Good luck!

• BellaToujours
    BellaToujours

Another option is to use 1 cup of dishwasher detergent and 1 cup of baking soda in hot water. Soak for 3 hours, rinse. If I am doing it in my washer, I usually use 2-3 cups of each so things are really submerged. Good luck!

• Kathy
    Kathy

Hi Terry,

Try using the newest Oxi-Clean, it is supposed to boost the whites.

Kathy

• Kathy
    Kathy

You an even let them soak in Oxi-Clean, it is supposed to get the dingy out.

Kathy

• Sabrena Patterson
    Sabrena Patterson

Oxi-clean is the best!

• Oxi-clean works well. Use very hot water and let them soak for a long time. Using borax in the washing machine can also help.

• Ronda
    Ronda

You may also saturate them in hydrogen peroxide for about 30 minutes to an hour, then throw them in your washing machine and wash with a white vinegar rinse then dry.