What color kitchen cabinet would you do with brown marbled counter to?

+11

This is my countertop colors my husband wants to to burgundy cupboard doors . I want to do a dove white or ivory what do you think? I’ve tried looking fir color combination photos but it’s a hit or miss to figure out exact colors . I would appreciate any color suggestions or pictures.

Thank you

q what color kitchen cabinet would you do with brown marbled counter to
  • Dfm Dfm on Sep 22, 2018

Ivory. White is too stark.

• Vlo32018602 Vlo32018602 on Sep 22, 2018

I would use a blue color that matches blue in counter top

• Burgundy? While I love a man who likes color, but in this instance, Burgundy is not it. I would pull an ivory or pecan out of the granite. I agree with DFM, white is far to stark. Bring color samples home and look at them in the lighting at your house rather than a showroom or warehouse. They look much different.

• Colleen M Lance Colleen M Lance on Sep 22, 2018

Thank you everyone!!!!

• Julie Julie on Sep 22, 2018

Kudos to your husband for suggesting a bold color! But burgundy could be perhaps used elsewhere. :) A soft white would be lovely, such as Benjamin Moore Cloud White which has some warmth like your countertop. If you have white painted trim elsewhere in the room, it would probably look best if you paint that Cloud White as well to get a cohesive look. This white will look very nice with stainless appliances. However, if you have white appliances, you’ll want to consider a white that is more fresh and bright such as Benjamin Moore Simply White. Naomie’s idea to bring home swatches is a good one, because you can’t really judge a color until you see it in your room. Also, bring this picture with you and the color specialist at the paint store can help guide you. I’d recommend buying a pint of the colors you’re considering and paint swatches on the cabinets in the room. Then you can actually see how they look and compare. You can also observe how color looks throughout the day and night as the light in the room changes. Good luck!

• Darlene McMillan Darlene McMillan on Sep 23, 2018

Your color sounds much nicer!

• Laura Oziminski Laura Oziminski on Oct 13, 2018

Paint outer cabinet white and then use any other pale color to brighten up the kitchen I'm doing a light gray and a mint green on mine and it look great

• Cheryl Gillman Cheryl Gillman on Oct 13, 2018

You could always use both, use one of the colors as an accent color!

I think a nice cherry stain would look really good with your counter tops

The ivory will make your kitchen brighter

• Nan W. Nan W. on Oct 13, 2018

Always. Always! go with a neutral color. You won't get sick of it! ...ivory, grey, tan...

• ivory, pale gray, tan. Go light, but pick from color palette in the counters.

• Sally Alter Sally Alter on Oct 13, 2018

What a lovely counter top. I would be very tempted to accent the cabinets with a light blue, but you just might get tired of it. Have a look at Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. They have a great warm white which would compliment the brown/beige theme. I think it is called Old White. I am planning on doing my laundry room with it.

• Sue Sue on Oct 13, 2018

Ivory/Cream color with burgundy wax rubbed into grooved areas.

• Ginny horn Ginny horn on Oct 13, 2019

I think a slate gray would be very nice!