DIY Floral Accent Wall With Stencils

$40

Hi there! Dark florals are super trendy and look amazing in a bedroom or on a back splash in a kitchen. This DIY stencil project is simple but elegant and the finished accent wall looks like a professional did it. Let’s get stenciling!
diy floral accent wall with stencils
The stencil used for this DIY floral accent wall is the Morning Glory Border Stencil. The paints used were Benjamin Moore Navajo White and Midnight Navy. We suggest using a 4” stencil roller and then a professional stencil brush near the baseboard. A clip-on stencil level is essential for this project to keep your stencil rows straight every time. 
diy floral accent wall with stencils
With blue painter’s tape secure your stencil to the wall. The goal is to have the bottom of the stencil as close to the baseboard as possible.  Make sure the bubble in the stencil level rests in the center so your stencil is straight.
diy floral accent wall with stencils
With your 4” roller you can now start stenciling! Make sure to offload any excess paint from your stencil roller onto a paper towel before stenciling the wall.  If the color you chose doesn’t look deep enough at first, wait for the paint to dry completely then add a second coat. When you apply thin layers of paint, the paint should dry in no time!
diy floral accent wall with stencils
Peel your stencil to reveal this gorgeous floral pattern! The dark blue really contrasts the white background.
diy floral accent wall with stencils
This next part is completely optional and totally up to personal preference. We decided to flip the stencil so that the flowers faced up instead of down. If you decide to do this, remember to remove the clip-on stencil level and re-position it at the new top of the stencil. Place your stencil next to the previously stenciled pattern allowing for some space between the baseboard and the other stencil pattern. This allows the finished product to look more organic.
diy floral accent wall with stencils
diy floral accent wall with stencils
Repeat the same process as before. Your accent wall is going to look superb!
diy floral accent wall with stencils
For the bottom portions near the baseboard simply align the stencil with the previously stenciled parts. Don’t be afraid to bend the stencil so that it fits perfectly into the crease of the baseboard.
diy floral accent wall with stencils
Using a professional stencil brush, pounce the paint down towards the baseboard. This will help achieve a crisp line once the blue painter’s tape is later removed.
diy floral accent wall with stencils
Peel back the stencil to reveal the finished bottom half of this gorgeous Morning Glory vine. Repeat the process until the bottom section of your floral accent wall is complete.
diy floral accent wall with stencils
To work your way towards the ceiling, first align your stencil with the previously stenciled parts. This registration system makes stenciling effortless!
diy floral accent wall with stencils
Repeat the stenciling process until your accent wall is complete!
diy floral accent wall with stencils
Now that your wall is finished, you can remove the painter’s tape from the baseboard. Look at those crisp lines!
diy floral accent wall with stencils
How gorgeous is this stenciled floral accent wall? The colors really make a statement! Would you try this trendy stencil project? Leave your thoughts in the comments below. 

To see more: https://www.cuttingedgestencils.com/

• Zahra

Is it possible to stencil on glass. This is gorgeous and I have a window that "steals" my privacy. I think this idea should do the trick. Any thoughts?

• Charlan

They make paint specifically for glass, just tape stencil as seen and follow same procedure.

• Tre5891639

Wouldn’t it be easier just to wallpaper?

• Wallpaper is hard to remove in my experience and expensive if you are looking for just the right pattern and color. But yes, wallpaper is an option.

• Martha Gomez

Do you have to let the paint dry before removing the stencil and moving to the next area?

• Sue Buck

This is beautiful. I've been staring at a wall in my family room that needs something, and I think you gave me inspiration. Much prettier than wallpaper, and easier to change later if you want. Thank you.

• Lisa Morris Ohl

This is GORGEOUS. I love morning glories, too.

My last home, I had real morning glories coming through my kitchen windows from outside. It was quite the sight to witness these glorious glories creep through my kitchen window and lace themselves around the curtain rod in my kitchen window. 😍🌺🌞

Im definitely going to do this. Thank you for sharing your marvelous project.