DIY towel rack ideas?

FlipturnKmdreamerNan W.
+5

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes

Trish...I have seen people use a board for the back and attach a old farm hook long enough to hold the roll. Maybe you can get a few other ideas. I bought one in the 70s and still use it but I didn't DIY then!

• You could screw two hooks into the wall and then extend a pretty piece of driftwood or other stick across to hang the towel on. Good luck!

• Dwp7470b
    Dwp7470b

Much alike DIY Swing out drapes, A 1 inch Oak Dowel, 36 inches or 48 inches needs 'Finishing Hardware'

Most hardware stores have these and can guide you to finishing hardware you need for a professional installation.

• Sal3170064
    Sal3170064

Some people use old ladders. Either the rung ladders that go against the wall, or they make a feature by using a step ladder and add shelves on the steps and use hooks on the sides. Look to Pinterest for ideas.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Do you have any particular decor theme that would like to create? I have seen sports equipment used effectively, including a former champion baton twirler who had used batons for towel rods.

• Nan W.
    Nan W.

Trish: Here are some clever ideas! HAVE FUN!~

http://yourhouseandgarden.com/diy-towel-holders-to-spruce-up-your-bath/

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

Ladder against the wall hand towels on the steps paint to match the room

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Here's a few more diy towel rack ideas upcycling other objects.