Ideas needs to cover up lots of landscaping rock along side of house

+4
  • GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Oct 10, 2018

Fast growing vines may be an option or moss

• AmAtHome AmAtHome on Oct 10, 2018

I was also thinking a moss or dense ground cover.

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Oct 10, 2018

I think getting rid of them is best. Put an ad on craigslist or something like it and say free landscaping rocks, just come and get them. Then you can plant anything you want. I would stay away from vines since they are so invasive especially that close to your house. Moss will just make them slippery if you have to walk on them. And I have no idea how the furniture link will help, unless I misunderstood your question.

• Sll33568511 Sll33568511 on Oct 10, 2018

The area with the rocks wraps around the house. Weeds grow no matter what I spray on them. Horrible to keep weeding and am tired of all those little rocks that were there before buying the house. Take forever to get rid of them.

• See 2 previous
    • Flipturn Flipturn on Oct 12, 2018

The idea behind using landscaping rocks instead of lawn for cover is to eliminate weeding. Weeds grow through rocks when:

-the weeds were not pulled and killed before the landscaping fabric was laid down

-there was insufficient amount, thickness and overlapping of the pieces of landscaping fabric laid down before the rocks were put on

If you get rid of the rocks, you will have to fill the space with an alternate coverage. If you do not want the rocks anymore, but still do not want to be troubled with any weeding, then the next best coverage is to pave or concrete over the space.