Flooring?

+4

My kitchen cabinets are maple with a Carmel stain and we need to have our floor replaced. We are doing ceramic and need to know if I should go light or dark. We have stainless steel appliances. I really need some insight. Thank you so much.

• Anita Anita on Oct 11, 2018

Light I love light colors for a kitchen and with maple cabinets it will look great

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Oct 11, 2018

Hi Mary Lou, Why not go for a Marble look that has the colour of your Cabinets (Caramel) within the marble or go for a Wood look Vinyl that blends well., or a Patterned floor with the cabinet colour in. Could be darker or lighter. If thinking of using a tile borrow a sample or take a door with you when you shop. Some retailers have a home choose service...........where they bring the samples to you at home to be able to choose.

Best wishes.

• Suzette Suzette on Oct 11, 2018

Hi Mary Lou, There's a lot to consider when making this decision. How's the lighting in your kitchen? If your kitchen is dark, I would go for a lighter flooring. Small/large Kitchen? What color is your counter top? What is your style? Country, contemporary, traditional, modern? There are also so many types of tile!

Here's a link with some kitchen ideas that may help: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS781US781&biw=1600&bih=789&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=3m2_W4uqNcOvggfHn7eoAQ&q=pictures+of+maple+Caramel+stain+kitchen+cabinets+with+ceramic+tile+flooring&oq=pictures+of+maple+Caramel+stain+kitchen+cabinets+with+ceramic+tile+flooring&gs_l=img.3...97831.100964..104900...0.0..0.80.1289.19......0....1..gws-wiz-img.U67tYAwPlWQ

I think the first question should be: What is my style. Once you know your, your decisions will be easier.

Good luck!

• AmAtHome AmAtHome on Oct 11, 2018

Hi Mary Lou,

It depends on size, lighting, preference, etc. If you have a picture that would be great to let us see what it looks like and give more specific ideas!

• Janice Janice on Oct 11, 2018

I would suggest a very neutral tile with muted colors....not too dark (as it will show every grain of salt! nor to white as it will show every drop of coffee or tea). Maybe a tile with muted carmels, greys, and whites. Maybe purchase 2-3 tiles in the ones you're drawn to and take home and lay out on the floor to test first. It's very difficult to decide from one you're seeing in the store. Most home improvement stores will happily refund you the money upon return.

• Mamamia Mamamia on Oct 11, 2018

just remember to use dark grout in between tiles

• Hi Mary Lou - Kitchen remodels are always such a hassle but soooo worth it in the end! Look through Hometalk, Pinterest, Houzz, and some magazines and see what you are drawn to. Getting opinions is great, but at the end of the day, this is your home and your investment and you need to be in love with your kitchen every time you step foot in it. Let yourself be drawn to what you love and you will never look back with regret. Hope this helps. Hugs, Holly