Out of the Box Bathroom Vanity Turns Rolling Kitchen Island

I was given a Bathroom Vanity still in the box that was going unused. It needed a top, a back and a makeover! With some extra boards, CeCe Caldwell's paints and small wheels, I turned it into a rolling island instead!
out of the box bathroom vanity turns rolling kitchen island, painted furniture, rustic furniture
Can you believe this was an out of the box bathroom Vanity from Home Depot? Friends gave it to me when they realized they were not going to use it for a rental property. It needed a top, a back and a whole new look. I painted the entire piece in CeCe Caldwell's Virginia Chestnut first. This gives the appearance that this piece is actually a dark hard wood. Great trick!
This is what I started with. Brand new, but very mass produced looking.
There was no back on this piece. I added a piece of thin board and painted it with chalkboard paint. How fun to write notes, or even a menu on the back!
I had a stack of 2x4 pine boards left over from a previous project. I cut them to fit the top. I wanted a rustic wood look, instead of just Pine. I used a few different layers of CeCe Caldwell's 100% natural chalk and clay based paints to create this weathered look. Details are on the original post for the weathered wood.
I painted the top coat with CeCe Caldwell's Destin Gulf Green and used a little tobacco brown paint to darken the existing knobs. Added some small casters, and I have a completely new kitchen island from a vanity! I sealed this piece with CeCe Caldwell's Endurance. FYI, because CeCe Caldwell's paints are highly adhesive, I DID NOT use a primer! The piece is holding up perfectly without a scratch, one year later!
Redoux Interiors