How do I cover up bathroom tile?

+5

We are redoing a bathroom and it has pink tile and some cracks in the time and I was trying to see what I can use to cover up the tile because I don't want to have to take the tile out.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 08, 2018

Hello Carrol,

DIY's sell tile covers (plastic /Self adhesive or Transfers) They come in Plan, Patterned, Metallic, Mirror and Italian/Victorian designs. Good luck!

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Nov 08, 2018

If you don't mind the build up, you can put down luan or a thicker plywood like OSB over the tile. Then put the new flooring down on the plywood.

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Nov 08, 2018

If this is wall tile that gets wet, there are special epoxy tile paints with special binding primers, sold at full service paint stores.

These require seriously good ventilation and are not winter-time projects because you can’t leave all the windows open & fans running.

• TheHoneycombHome TheHoneycombHome on Nov 08, 2018

Here is how I covered up the ugly tile in my bathroom: https://thehoneycombhome.com/floor-stickers-in-the-bathroom/

• Oliva Oliva on Nov 08, 2018

Depending upon where you live, if it's the 1950's/1960's pink with peach or salmon undertones, you could give your bath a southwest color / decor.

• Pat Pat on Nov 08, 2018

We painted our pink bathroom wall tile.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Nov 11, 2018

Is the pink tile on the walls or on the floor?