Katelyn
Katelyn
  • Hometalk Team
  • Jamaica, NY
Asked on Dec 11, 2018

How to remove color stain from washed shirt?

Nancy TurnerDebbieHolly Lengner - Lost Mom
+2

My shirt just came out of the wash with a purple stain on the side it from my socks. Is there a stain remover solution or should I just throw the shirt away? :(

• No don't throw it away. They sell stain out or color out stuff - I have never used it. Hopefully another Hometalker can help with that.

Don't put in dryer and soak overnight in water with some baking soda.

• Redcatcec

Hi Katelyn,

Try a lengthy soak in Oxyclean, hopefully you have not put it in the dryer, that would set the stain. Best.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

This site has stain removal tips for everything: http://stain-guide.com/stain-removal-from-clothes.html

• Debbie

Dawn dish soap.. let set then take out tooth brush

• Nancy Turner

Put it directly in water and let it soak, not hot water, cool to cold will not let it set in the fabric. You can put soap, oxi, whatever in the water if you want. The sheets they sell called Color Catchers really works if you are going to put colors together with things that will bleed onto white or light colored fabric. We don't put out enough laundry to separate anymore, I use the sheets if I know there is something that may bleed. I never put reds in with anything but darks. It seems like red keeps giving its color away, especially towels and sheets. Hubby did his favorite red towel with his clothes and had pink socks until I soaked them in bleach water.