Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Fort Collins, CO

Coffee Ground Hacks

$1

We drink coffee in our house every morning, and I started researching different ways to use the left over coffee grounds or beans. I thought I would share some tricks I have learned and am using.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

coffee ground hacks

Deodorize -

Coffee is a great odor eater. Place some beans and a fake tealight in a candle holder and use it to deodorize places like bathrooms, family rooms, offices, etc.

coffee ground hacks

Multipurpose Abrasive Cleaner -

Mix 1 Tablespoon Dawn with your coffee grounds. Use it to scrub up cook tops, dried food on counters, and more. Be careful if you have a porous surface counter as coffee can stain.

coffee ground hacks

Clean Off Baked/Burnt On Food -

Use the multipurpose cleaner to get baked on food off of pots, pans, and dishes. Start by soaking the pot with a 1 Tablespoon of the mixture and enough water to cover the bottom. Let that soak for 30 minutes (or more for really tough baked on food). Use a scrub brush to lightly scrub, dump out and rinse.

coffee ground hacks

You might find a little extra still in the pan. So scoop 1 Tablespoon of the mixture into the pot without adding water. Use a scrub brush and scrub up the remaining burnt on substance.

coffee ground hacks

Rinse out and your pan will be clean.

coffee ground hacks

Clean Your Sinks -

Use the multipurpose cleaner and a scrub brush to clean your sink. Rinse and it'll sparkle.

coffee ground hacks

Clean & Deodorize Your Garbage Disposal -

Pour your coffee grounds into your garbage disposal. Run the disposal and it will clean and deodorize it.

coffee ground hacks

Make A Hand Scrub & Wood Scratch Dye -

Mix 1/2 teaspoon olive oil (or oil of your choice) with coffee grounds.

coffee ground hacks

Rub the mixture on your hands, then rinse off. The mixture will exfoliate and moisturize your hands.

coffee ground hacks

To use the wood scratch dye... here is a before picture of the scratch.

coffee ground hacks

Place the mixture on top of the scratch and let sit for a minimum of 10-15 minutes.

coffee ground hacks

Wipe off and check it, if you like the results you can stop there. If not, you can repeat the process until you get the look you want.

coffee ground hacks

Deodorize Your Refrigerator & Freezer -

Place coffee grounds in a container and put in your refrigerator and freezer to deodorize them.

coffee ground hacks

Bug Repellent -

Place some coffee grounds in a container and poke holes in the top. Many bugs and rodents don't like the smell of coffee.

I would love to have you stop by my blog     Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Lorrie Lollar

Are the grounds used?

• Darlene Harding

Dry coffee or wet coffee for bugs?

• Kay

I dried coffee grounds and when planting started tomato plants, put coffee grounds around the stem and just under soil level too. This keeps cut worms away. The roughness of the grounds is not to their liking. This is just a pointer from my great aunt.

• Lorene Evans

Is this a good use of the coffee pods?