Coffee Ground Hacks

$1

We drink coffee in our house every morning, and I started researching different ways to use the left over coffee grounds or beans. I thought I would share some tricks I have learned and am using.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Deodorize -

Coffee is a great odor eater. Place some beans and a fake tealight in a candle holder and use it to deodorize places like bathrooms, family rooms, offices, etc.

Multipurpose Abrasive Cleaner -

Mix 1 Tablespoon Dawn with your coffee grounds. Use it to scrub up cook tops, dried food on counters, and more. Be careful if you have a porous surface counter as coffee can stain.

Clean Off Baked/Burnt On Food -

Use the multipurpose cleaner to get baked on food off of pots, pans, and dishes. Start by soaking the pot with a 1 Tablespoon of the mixture and enough water to cover the bottom. Let that soak for 30 minutes (or more for really tough baked on food). Use a scrub brush to lightly scrub, dump out and rinse.

You might find a little extra still in the pan. So scoop 1 Tablespoon of the mixture into the pot without adding water. Use a scrub brush and scrub up the remaining burnt on substance.

Rinse out and your pan will be clean.

Clean Your Sinks -

Use the multipurpose cleaner and a scrub brush to clean your sink. Rinse and it'll sparkle.

Clean & Deodorize Your Garbage Disposal -

Pour your coffee grounds into your garbage disposal. Run the disposal and it will clean and deodorize it.

Make A Hand Scrub & Wood Scratch Dye -

Mix 1/2 teaspoon olive oil (or oil of your choice) with coffee grounds.

Rub the mixture on your hands, then rinse off. The mixture will exfoliate and moisturize your hands.

To use the wood scratch dye... here is a before picture of the scratch.

Place the mixture on top of the scratch and let sit for a minimum of 10-15 minutes.

Wipe off and check it, if you like the results you can stop there. If not, you can repeat the process until you get the look you want.

Deodorize Your Refrigerator & Freezer -

Place coffee grounds in a container and put in your refrigerator and freezer to deodorize them.

Bug Repellent -

Place some coffee grounds in a container and poke holes in the top. Many bugs and rodents don't like the smell of coffee.

I would love to have you stop by my blog     Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Chas' Crazy Creations