Asked on Dec 14, 2018

How can I install a hanging clothes rod from my basement rafters?

V SmithVimarhonorRedcatcec
+3

How can I install a hanging clothes rod from my basement rafters

• Kelli L. Milligan

They make rings,that screw in to walls that hold rods, like shower curtain rods. That would work.

• 2dogal

Large screw hooks would work.

• Pamela

You can buy pvc pipe to use to hang hangers on . You can buy metal pipe hangers to secure them. Or if you want clothes line , you can screw in "o" or eye hooks then weave your clothes line through them . You can buy a retractable clothes line for under $20... That way it can be out of eighteen not in use.

• Redcatcec

Large screw hooks would work well, sting the line between them. To hang your clothes you could use clothespins or maybe shower hooks with clothes hangers.

• Vimarhonor

Hello, A large sturdy towel bar might be an easy option.

• V Smith

Cut two pieces of wood, attach them to the sides of the joists at a level below where you want your rod and at a distance apart that is a little shorter than the length of your rod. Use a hole saw or spade bit in your drill and cut a hole in each. Run the rod thru the holes and then anchor it in place with a screw from the side or bottom.