Toni
Toni
  • Junction City, KS
Asked on Dec 17, 2018

How do I clean grease and dust build up in the kitchen?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAPamelaSimple Decorating Tips
+2

I have a rental property that is now ready to get ready for new rentals. The kitchen has years of build up grease and dust on fridge, stove, microwave. We will repaint but not sure how to clean the walls. Wish I could put it all in boiling water to break it down. Think and nasty please help. Everything works don’t want to replace if I don’t have too

• Candy B

Try ammonia, blue dawn, and lots of elbow grease.

• Landsharkinnc

KrudCutter for Kitchens .... For safety's sake -- never mix AMMONIA or BLEACH with anything but water ... and the DAWN ULTRA bottle says 'DO NOT MIX WITH BLEACH"

• Simple Decorating Tips

I've cleaned nasty rentals like that! The best thing I've found to clean it with is hot water and sudsy ammonia. You'll need good ventilation and rubber gloves, but it works wonders!

• Pamela

Kurd Kutter works great !!! I used it on my cabinets, couldn't believe how much grease and dirt it took off !!! Good luck !

• TSP for the walls before you repaint. Vinegar and water will work for for everything else if you want to go the natural route.