Tall DIY Succulent Planter

$20
    Do you love succulents? Looking for a DIY upcycled planter idea? Then this three-tier succulent planter is just for you. Search out an old bowl, teapot and teacup to create your unusual cake tier succulent display. If you prefer a vertical wall display of plants check out my upcycled cake tin planter. Start by drilling holes in the crockery, centrally, at a suitable size for your cake tier stand centre handle fittings.

Use some chalk paint spray or similar to spray the three items, take your time, spray thin layers so you don't have dripping paint.

Insert the first metal support in the bowl add succulent soil and then plants.

Think about the height and arrangement of the plants as you build the planter.

Add your next layer of crockery, succulent soil and lastly a couple of plants.

Once your planter is filled, gently brush excess soil off the plants. I use a paint brush for this.

Spray lightly with water and enjoy your finished tall planter - they make a great table centre piece.

My big decision, where to keep the finished display?!

Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info
Vickymcreations

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 5 questions
  • Dsouther Dsouther on Mar 16, 2019

This is so cute. I just love it. I wonder if herbs would grow well in this? I would not have painted the dishes though unless they all didn't match or if the design looked weird in my kitchen.

• Nada Nada on Mar 16, 2019

How do you drill holes in ceramic teapots, teacups, and such? Thanks! :)

• Sonya Sonya on Mar 18, 2019

I also want to know how you drilled the holes? If you used a drill, what bit did you use?

Comments

2 of 24 comments
Next