How do you get rid of the grass and weeds under your front porch deck?

+5

How do you get rid of the grass and weeds under your front porch deck that has very little access? I want the grass gone but then what would I put in there to keep the grass from growing back?

• Sandra Ray Sandra Ray on Mar 18, 2019

We had the same problem under our deck. We covered the ground with black plastic. We've had it under there for 9 years now. Hope this helps.

• Judy Judy on Mar 18, 2019

I would try weed killer and after the grass/weeds are gone. Give it a while and plant some ground cover!! Good luck

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Mar 18, 2019

Cover the area with the black plastic landscaping material. If it gets no light it will eventually die. You can cover the plastic with gravel or rock or wood mulch and it will look good and the plastic will continue to keep the weeds from growing. I hope this works for you, Karen.

• 34430716 34430716 on Mar 18, 2019

Thank you all for the suggestions ~ This has been a thorn in my side for a while now but I’ve got the solution as to what to do. Thank you all again!

• Hi Karen - This is the most effective all-natural weed killer DIY that we use. It's even been featured on Hometalk! Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/weed-killer/

• 34430716 34430716 on Mar 19, 2019

Thank you! Will definitely be trying this.

• Ellis Ellis on Apr 29, 2021

We used a weed killer once, pulled out all the dead weeds, and put down landscape fabric. Then we poured out several bags of small gravel, the kind that can be easily raked into place.