Asked on Apr 1, 2019

Has anyone tried this non-toxic weed killer & does it work?

Becky at Flipping the FlipHolly Bertone | Pink FortitudeShirley Dudley
+5

1/2 gallon distilled white vinegar- 1/2 cup table salt- 1 tablespoon Dawn dish soap. Mix well & spray weeds exposed to direct sun light.

• Mogie
    Mogie

I use this on my pavers. If applied in the morning on a sunny day it will work. But it needs the sunlight to do it's thing.

• DesertRose
    DesertRose

yes, we use a whole gallon and epsom salts: 1 gallon white vinegar, 2 cups Epsom salts, 1/3 cup dawn dish soap (blue). It will kill any green plants. Spray in a.m. after dew has evaporated and by dusk weeds will be dead. We use it in places like driveway gravel, cracks in sidewalk, etc. It works very well.

• Wanda
    Wanda

I use this and this only for getting rid of weeds and grass in unwanted places. I mix a whole gallon of vinegar with 2 cups of Epson salt (or table salt will do). Mix well until all salt is dissolved, sometimes over night. Then add 2 TBSP Dawn dish soap, mix again and put in sprayer. I use a garden sprayer. Spray only what you want to kill. It is amazing. I have used this for years instead of RoundUp.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I started using this last year and it works great.

• Shirley Dudley
    Shirley Dudley

Wow thanks for everyone’s input. So I see Epsom salts should be used an not table salt? Really glad to hear this as cost of Roundup is pricy. Thanks again so much👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Hi Shirley - This is the most effective all-natural weed killer DIY that we use. It's even been featured on Hometalk! Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/weed-killer/

• I’ve tried the vinegar/soap thing and it never worked. Table salt is what the killer is here. Be forewarned, it will kill everything around it too and leave your soil barren so be careful. Epsom salt can act as a fertilizer so study up on that before trying.