Renia Pierog
Renia Pierog
  • Sturgis, MI
Asked on Apr 7, 2019

How to fix a wicker table?

LorraineGathered In The KitchenDebker
+3

The top of my wicker table has rotted. Any ideas on how to fix it, or what to cover it with?

• Tinyshoes

I would use the old top if possible and let it be a pattern and cut new top from plywood then stencil or mod podge over it. You could even use material.

• Kelli L. Milligan

You can add a solid wood top to it and paint it. Screw it from underneath

• Debker

Hi Renia, you could trim out the rest of the wicker and put a piece of painted plywood and or glass cut to size. You could also cut glass to size and paint it on the underside for a dramatic effect.

• Gathered In The Kitchen

If the wicker is not in too bad of shape you could try to weave in a twine that is of similar width and then paint the entire table (and twine) to make it match. I would then put a layer of glass overtop to help protect it.

• Lorraine

If you cut it out be sure to secure the rest of the wicker before you do, maybe a whole lot of hot glue. If you do cut it out will it be secure enough to place glass or a board cut to fit on it? If it is, either the glass, or wood would work. You could also modge podge, the wood, or do a mosaic, use a mirror in place of plain glass.