How can I clean the headlights on my car?

+6

They are dull and don't shine light as before

• Mogie Mogie on Apr 08, 2019

Squeeze out a bit of toothpaste on the rag and scrub the headlight, rub and rinse.

• Ann Ann on Apr 08, 2019

tooth paste is the best to clean headlights.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Apr 08, 2019

Some people use tooth paste and a tooth brush. Johnnie, if you click on "explore projects" then "clean" then type "headlights " in the search box and hit enter you will find several ways. I have chosen one for you, but there are more if this does not work for you. https://www.hometalk.com/16583010/getting-lights-clean

• William William on Apr 08, 2019

I did my daughters car. Used a White (not gel) toothpaste and a damp cloth. A dab of toothpaste on the cloth and rub in a circular motion a small area at a time. Keep the toothpaste moist. A separate wet cloth squeezing water as you rub. Wipe as you go along to see the progress. Once done put some paste wax over the lenses.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 09, 2019

Hi Johnnie, Don't go anywhere until you have cleaned them. I would say White Toothpaste, but you could try WD-40..............Best wishes.

• Mimi Mimi on Apr 09, 2019

Deep Woods Off just spray and wipe.

• Roland Ronish Roland Ronish on Apr 09, 2019

The surface is sun/ weather damaged. Go to a hardware store or auto parts store and get some 2000 grit wet or dry sandpaper. Sand the lens with a trickle of water until all the yellow faded portion is gone. Then use toothpaste to bring the lens to an almost clear state. Clean the lens with alcohol, and paint with a uv resistant clear coat, available at most parts stores, Home Depot, Lowes etc, for a permanent clear lens.

• Daisy@TX Daisy@TX on Apr 09, 2019

Yes regular toothpaste - not gel toothpaste - will get the job done

• Eliza Spear Eliza Spear on Apr 09, 2019

,0000 steel wool with tooth paste will polish them up great