How do I clean windows and have them streak free?

+6
  • Virginia Virginia on Apr 15, 2019

Use newspapers

• Barb Barb on Apr 15, 2019

Mix equal vinegar & water in spray bottle. Spray window wipe clean with news print for best results, next best paper towels.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Apr 15, 2019

Hello, I find using microfiber cloths helpful.

For exterior windows using the professional squeegees with microfiber pad helpful with a bucket of soapy water and a garden hose.

These window cleaner- squeegees have various price points. Consider checking reviews and Q&A areas to better determine if they meet you need.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074LJQ6KF/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B074LJQ6KF&pd_rd_wg=nuo7n&pd_rd_r=A3C4116X35NP5XXVY8GC&pd_rd_w=k4BRr_encoding=UTF8&th=1

• Dhicks Dhicks on Apr 15, 2019

Wash winter dirt off outside, I rinse with a hose, then use a squiggly. Even if I have to wipe the edges it doesn’t seem to streak. It is not original but I don’t remember where I read it. I can’ t rinse the inside that way but I can now do the mirrored doors with streaking.

• Dhicks Dhicks on Apr 15, 2019

I miss spelled squeegee. It is what you use at gas stations to clean/dry your windshield.

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Apr 15, 2019

I use windex and newspaper.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Apr 16, 2019

Straight Rubbing/Isopropyl alcohol and clean white wash cloth no fabric softener on it (leaves streaks smears) & no paper towels they are treated with chemicals to increase absorbtion leaves streaks & smears;pour alcohol on cloth & wipe glass. wipe inside one direction-vertically, the otherside -horizontally this way you can tell which side you have missed something. Paper towels are expensive and kill lots of trees to make. Rubbing alcohol evaporates asap and is basically what is in window cleaners minus chemicals and blueing agent & it is much cheaper.

• You can add some lemon juice or vinegar to your water and detergent. You can also clean the windows with newspaper to prevent streaking.