Asked on Apr 16, 2019

What is the best way to clean windows?

Nikki K.Lynn SorrellEverything Pretty
+1

• Kathy Gunter Law

A damp microfiber cloth should produce a streak free finish. Don’t do on a hot, sunny day. I prefer SuperCloth and use it for glass, screens, and appliances. It is similar to the cloth you receive with glasses/sunglasses. It was well worth the investment. They were under $40 for 4 of them about 5 years ago.

• Everything Pretty

I use a microfiber cloth and make my own streak free window cleaner https://www.yourbeautyblog.com/2019/02/diy-homemade-window-and-mirror-cleaner.html

• Lynn Sorrell

Straight Rubbing/Isopropyl alcohol and clean white wash cloth no fabric softener on it (leaves streaks smears) & no paper towels they are treated with chemicals to increase absorbtion leaves streaks & smears;pour alcohol on cloth & wipe glass. wipe inside one direction-vertically, the otherside -horizontally this way you can tell which side you have missed something. Paper towels are expensive and kill lots of trees to make. Rubbing alcohol evaporates asap and is basically what is in window cleaners minus chemicals and blueing agent & it is much cheaper.

• Nikki K.

Vinegar and water, using a squeegee & recycled newspaper. Sometimes the old ways are best. I’ve tried *all* the other ways, including alcohol (expensive) & I always go back. Blessings!!!