Lou
Lou
  • Delta, CO
Asked on Apr 21, 2019

What the best weed eater?

Lynn SorrellNancyDesertRose
+5

My cord doesn't want to stay plugged into my weed eater. Which weed eater would be best to avoid that problem? Very annoying to have to stop and push the cord into the plug every 5 minutes!

• Nancy Turner

You could go with the gas style or the cordless style to avoid the electric cord. Have you tried knotting the cord around the handle close to the plug? Some people do that to lesson the pull on the cord and it stays in better. The biggest difference in the other types of weed eaters is the weight will be more up at the top and would you be able to handle the weight difference.

• Lou

I have tied the cord up and it still comes undone. Thanks for the gas/cordless suggestion.

• DesertRose

We have a cordless lithium battery operated weed eater. It is light weight and easy to use with my bad back. Ours is Black and Decker we got at Walmart. We also had the same batteries for an older version that were still working well, so we have extra batteries and that comes in handy!

• Lou

Thanks, I didn't know they made cordless trimmers. I will look into that.

• Nancy

Tie a knot around the handle where the cord pulls on knot not plug..I have also stopped this by spreading the prongs slightly to make it harder to pull out. Hope this helps.

• Lou

I have tied the cord as you suggest and pulled the prongs apart to make it fit tighter. It doesn't completely come unplugged, but it pulls out enough to not have any electricity coming through.

• Lynn Sorrell

Wrap the cord around the handle in front(towards wacker part) of where you plug it in tying the cord around itself & the weed eater to hold it in place/onto the weed eater.This way it cannot be easily pulled out. leave just a little/enuf slack in cord so you can get the cord/plug end in & out of weed eater socket easily; hope that makes sense I do this for all electric yard equipment. Taught all the guys that worked for me to do this keeps equipment/job running.

• Lou

Thanks for your suggestion. done it and it still wiggles loose and doesn't make the connection for the electricity....