How to fix a hole in a hollow door?

+10

This door needs some help! Any ideas?

q how to fix a hole in a hollow door
q how to fix a hole in a hollow door
  • Tonytiger69 Tonytiger69 on Apr 29, 2019

Ouch! a lot of home stores have hollow core doors of that style for around $20. It might be worthwhile to just replace it.

• Judith Judith on Apr 29, 2019

I took two popsicle sticks glued together.....cut them down to size....glued them into the hole with crazy glue holding them in place with tweezers. I let this dry over night......polyfilled a bit more than usual and sanded and repainted it.

• Ann-Marie Wittbrodt Ann-Marie Wittbrodt on Apr 29, 2019

you could use a drywall patch on it

• Mona Blake Mona Blake on Apr 29, 2019

I would use either popsicle sticks or drywall patch on it. I used some old screen material in mine and wood putty.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Apr 29, 2019

I used sheetrock mud on mine and smoothed with a damp finger. If the hole is large, get a patch material. However, I am planning on replacing mine soon. Just waiting until the kiddos get a bit older because I have a feeling there is more incidents in the future from horseplay.

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 29, 2019

been there done that, you need a "backer" in the hole first I used a plastic lid cut to overlap the hole size, you need a string through center of the plastic piece. and more mud knot it on the back. then fill in with drywall mud, several thin layers so it will dry properly, then remove the string by cutting it off level to the mud. you can get dry wall patches - uses the same technique. my local lumber yard does't have the dry wall kits.

• Marie Marie on Apr 29, 2019

I used the spray in expanding foam on mine and worked great. Slightly overfill and trim it down then sand and repaint. Very easy to do and can’t tell it’s been repaired.

• Sharon Butry Sharon Butry on Apr 29, 2019

I had this happen to me and I stuffed it with some white tissue paper and then covered it with transparent tape and touched it up with the leftover door paint and you cant even tell it was there

HOPE YOU GET THE SAME RESULTS !!

• Evangeline Santos Evangeline Santos on May 02, 2019

It is important to maintain parts of your house in order to have safety at home. However, sometimes we need to ask the assistance of expert personnel so that they can assist us with our needs such us how to do garage door repair.