How do I give my ceramic floor a glossy look?

+6

I have ceramic flooring in my kitchen. The finish has become very dull. Is there something I can apply to give it a glossy look. Floor wax didn't work.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Apr 29, 2019

Not really, anything else you apply will peel. Kichen tile not really supposed to be shinny. Could be slippery .

• Cor32419347 Cor32419347 on Apr 29, 2019

Did you try the paste floor wax? Apply in sections and buff with your buffer to bring out the shine.

• Hi Sandy,

I read that you can seal the floor with a gloss sealer. Here is a link to an article that can help you.

• William William on Apr 30, 2019

Not really. Anything you put on will wear off in time. Maybe it just needs a good cleaning.

• Sandy Reed Sandy Reed on Apr 30, 2019

Thank you William, that's just it, the floor has been scrubbed so much over the years that the sheen is gone.

• William William on Apr 30, 2019

The surface of tile are heat glazed. Only way the sheen would be affected is acidic chemicals were used to clean the tile.

• Sandy Reed Sandy Reed on May 01, 2019

High traffic use in one of the busiest places (kitchen) in a home causes wear and tear over time.