Chris
Chris

How to keep squirrels off bird feeders?

LorraineLaurance BrownVimarhonor
+2

• Kelli L. Milligan

Use the squirrel cone sold at nurseries if on a shepherd's hook. If they can get to it, not much you can do.

• Unique Creations By Anita

I had one years ago and nothing works. When they are hungry they find away. Maybe put a feeder for them somewhere else if they are chasing the birds away.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. Make a baffle— If you are using a pole feeder or shepards hook. I purchased one 30 years ago and made a second one with hardware store supplies for an additional rear yard birdfeeder last year. They work very well!

https://www.todayshomeowner.com/how-to-make-a-squirrel-and-raccoon-bird-feeder-baffle/

• Laurance Brown

if your feeder is pole mounted take/get a 10"-12" strip of tin or aluminum and tack it to the pole/support. the squirrels can't climb or find a way to get past this strip unless the can jump from an overhanging limb or tree.

P.S- it's a gas watching them trying to figure out how to get past the strip.

• Lorraine

I saw a very funny video on Facebook. Where the people had some kind of wheel, that the squirrel clung to as it spun very fast! But I don’t know if it was purchased or if it was home made.