Cathy
Cathy
  • New Braunfels, TX
Asked on Jun 19, 2019

How can I keep flies away from a park picnic table?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CARuth SummersCindy

My granddaughter & I were@ the end of a picnic table, trying to eat our packed sandwich lunch& the flies were so insistent on getting@ our food! Wore our arms/hands out trying to shoo them away!

• Cindy

Hi Cathy. Make a solution of: half a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 teasp. Molasses, a quarter cup of Sugar, and 1 cup of water. Mix well then pour this mixture in an open container and either hang or place nearby. This should make your picnic lunch a lot better.

• Ruth Summers

We burn citronella oil in lanterns. Light them as soon as we light the grill for dinner, so by the time we sit to eat they have been burning for a bit, and the small has started spreading. They stay lit until we turn in for the night, so they move from the table to the campfire circle.

• And get a couple personal size battery powered fans. They hate the breeze. Set one at each end of the table facing in. I do the same thing with patio fans in my back yard.