Mykey Morin-Magana
Mykey Morin-Magana
  • Sun City West, AZ
Asked on Jun 23, 2019

How can I add something to the bottom of each wood piece?

DeeWilliamHolly Lengner - Lost Mom
+3

I am making my own shutters for each side of the patio and cut each one 6in.too short..I didn't realize til after painting and hanging them up..i am usually much better than that..I need to add something to the bottom? any suggestions?

q how can i add something to the bottom of each wood piece
  • Janice

I would lower them into the niche area and balance any extra space at the top and bottom. Also perhaps leave the same distance on the side next to the niche edge. You can decide which looks the best. Then pick up the design from the metal chair backs to accent them. It could be painted or some type of wood or poly shaped in a similar pattern to pull the whole look together. BTW it looks good what you have already done! Good luck

!

• Mykey Morin-Magana

thank you but i can't lower them because on the other side of the patio i did the same thing only there is a window!!! thats why i had to place the planks higher

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

You could add a planter box to the bottom to hide the missing area.

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg

That was my first thought.... just add a planter box to hide the minor imperfection...she’ll gain two things from this... covering up the mistake and gorgeous plants for her patio!

How about a narrow shelf. About six inches deep. A few potted plants and knick knacks.

• Dee

I would put a shelf for plants on each side. Or you can make a shutter for each side.