How can I give a new look to this sconce?

Sea Trace CreationsPatDolores DeLuise
+8

q how to give a new look to this sconce
  • Pamela

I had one similar to that ! I placed white tapered candles in the holders and wound fake ivy around irregularly around the base and stem area . You could paint it any color , let the paint dry any then distress it by lightly sanding areas with sandpaper to let a little of the black show through then put in coordinating candles.

• Gk

Maybe spray paint it a different color first. Wrap each spoke under the candle holders with twine. Attach a large burlap flower on the lower part in between the two horizontal bars. Mount the entire thing on a ship lap looking board and hang as a picture.

• Sea Trace Creations

Personally I woukd use this outside with the tiny solar lights glued on the candle holders. It would make a beautiful light to hang on a fence or patio.

• Tinyshoes

Roberta....Maybe a new color of spray paint!

• Kathy Gunter Law

RustOleum hammered paint after scrubbing with steel wool and clean with denatured alcohol.

• Kellie Collins

it kind of looks to me like a flower bunch lol. like the stems of a bouquet. you could paint it a color you like - maybe a pop of something bright, or you could go with fancy and paint it like silver or gold etc. i think i'd paint it a variety of green colors and add battery powered tea lights that look like flowers. lol OR you could paint or whatever, add lights, and turn it upside down - a chandelier! lol!

• Dolores DeLuise

It's begging to be sprayed with gold paint.

• Pat

Paint it if you want....I like it black but depends on your decor. I would put candles in it and then depending if you like them, I would put artificial greenery inside. Some flowers tucked in also for color. I have one similar, though without candles, that is in the hallway in my basement and I really like it.