Is there a poison-free way to get rid of mice?

AmandaKathy Gunter LawKaren Brunck
+2

Neighbors cut yard after months and I now have mice. I also have dogs in my house. How do I get rid of the mice, without poison. I'm afraid the dogs may get them and get poisoned too. Thank you for any help.

• Judy Adams

Fresca in a lid or low profile bowl. They love it . Drink it up. No can burp so they die.ta da!

• Lorraine

Mouse traps where you suspect they are coming in. Check out the different types. I also heard leave out oatmeal and when they eat too much it expands and kills them. 😖 I’d rather a quick snap of an old fashioned trap than that. Use peanut butter for the traps.

• Karen Brunck

You could purchase a humane, multiple catch trap. No need for bait. Release someplace mouse friendly.😊 No dead bodies to hide!

• Kathy Gunter Law

Sticky pads will capture them. Peppermint Oil works well but not sure if it will bother your dogs. Soak cotton balls with it or use a peppermint & cinnamon oil spray.

• Amanda

The most humane thing to do is to use a regular old mousetrap, put behind furniture and places dogs will not explore. There are also spin traps but they are not as effective as the old ones. Catch and release is bad because you are introducing a new animal in an existing environment spreading disease and disrupting the other animals.