How to Make a Rustic Style Pallet Wood Side Table

$10

If you love this project, grab your quick start DIY guide & subscribe to our blog!

If you’re looking for inexpensive furniture, build your own with pallet wood. I love this side table with rustic style.

When we needed a side table in our living room next to the recliner…we turned to pallets, of course. I love how this pallet wood side table with rustic style turned out.

1) Dismantle pallet using pallet buster to take apart pallets in combination with a crowbar. Lightly sand the pallets after taking them apart.

2) Create a platform base for the table by making a square and then covering the top with pallet wood planks.

3) Attach side walls. Cut all of the pallet wood planks down to the same size and wrapped them around the base and nailed in at the bottom.

4) Build and attach shelf and top of the pallet wood side table. We added a shelf about 5-6 inches from the top. To do this, we drew a light pencil line around the table, cut the pallet wood down to size, held them in place and nailed from the outside. We added pallet wood planks to the top of the shelf and nailed them on around the edge from the top.

5) Seal the pallet wood side table. We rubbed on a finishing wax.

Isn’t that just the cutest little pallet wood side table you’ve ever seen?

If you love this easy pallet side table and want to learn more like it, be sure to check out all of my DIY tutorials in the archives here!

30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Chelsea @ Making Manzanita

• Em

Went to tutorial and saw the picture for the shelf and see you used small brads. Both pictures show what appears to be a piece of wood under the upper shelf boards, but no mention of them in post or tutorial. Did you wood glue the shelf boards to a piece of wood first, then nail from the outside? It is not clear.

• Em

Thanks Randal, didn't notice it the first time. I spent last week ripping pallets apart. I used 4 whole ones for a fence, 3 to hide my ugly recycle bin and have all of the pieces in my garden shed for projects. Something about this one caught my eye. Thanks for the response.

• Shirley

Perfect!

• Cindy Bates

Awesome way to reduce the materials! My only problem is that it won’t let me save it? Or mark it for future use? Thank you!

• Chelsea @ Making Manzanita

There's a button at the bottom of the post that says "Save". This will save in "your projects" within hometalk. You could also email it to yourself or save on Pinterest.