Can you help me identify this tree/bush?

+7

Not sure how to prune this tree,bush. I don’t know what it is please help. Living in Florida, there are so many different trees and bushes. The little pink flowers I do know the name of it. Thank you so much

q how do i take care of this tree bush
q how do i take care of this tree bush
  • Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Aug 03, 2019

Call your County Extension Office and ask them, this is their specialty.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Aug 04, 2019

I would wait until October or November in Florida, then trim the whole bush down to one foot tall. Be sure to cut or pull all the side and back branches and any new sprouts nearby. Then when it starts coming back in February, decide whether you want the bush or not. If not, then cut and dig the bush and roots out, and the roots may be deep and wide. If you want the bush elsewhere, move the root ball to a prepared place where it can grow tall and need little pruning until winter. Best wishes, Jewell.

• Patricia fehr Patricia fehr on Aug 04, 2019

It looks "sorta" like an Ixora bush. I live in Northeast PA were they are not hardy so my experience is a little different. I grow as pots so they're never that large but flower profusely. Try googling images of ixora😊 and see what you think.

• Barb Brown Barb Brown on Aug 04, 2019

It's an Hawaiian hibiscus. I just Googled the image, and presto!

• Sue Hayward Sue Hayward on Aug 04, 2019

Try one of the plant identification aps available for your phone. Launch the ap, take a photo and lo and behold it's identified, well almost nearly always.

• Tina Meisenhalder Tina Meisenhalder on Aug 04, 2019

Thank you