Stenciled Tea Towels

$8

I used a drop cloth and thrifted curtain valances for this inexpensive project. If you don't sew, you can use fabric glue.

I'm liking this rust color for fall! I mixed this color myself using latex and acrylic paint.

I had all of my supplies already. If you dont have any drop cloth material on hand, you will have extra after this project. I use drop clothes for so many projects!! You can use painters tape to keep your stencil in place but it's not necessary.

The Goodwill and Salvation Army are perfect places to get fabric cheap. Think outside of the box. Look at curtains, blankets, sheets......

I trimmed the lace off and pinned it to my piece of drop cloth. I suggest sewing or gluing the raw edges of your drop cloth for a neater look.

I just eye balled the size but you could certainly make them as big or small as you like.

Stencil your pattern on. I like stenciling on fabric.

I'm so happy with how they turned out!! Tea towels can be quite pricey so this is a win in my book! Take a look at more of what I do on my Instagram page, mobilehome_cottage

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles

• Jjqq

I love this idea - but aren't drop cloths kind of scratchy for dishes?

• Laura | mobilehome_cottage

I pretty much use mine as decor. But if you wash it several times and use fabric softener before you stencil it, it will soften up.