Stenciled Tea Towels

$8

I used a drop cloth and thrifted curtain valances for this inexpensive project. If you don't sew, you can use fabric glue.

stenciled tea towels

I'm liking this rust color for fall! I mixed this color myself using latex and acrylic paint.

stenciled tea towels

I had all of my supplies already. If you dont have any drop cloth material on hand, you will have extra after this project. I use drop clothes for so many projects!! You can use painters tape to keep your stencil in place but it's not necessary.

stenciled tea towels

The Goodwill and Salvation Army are perfect places to get fabric cheap. Think outside of the box. Look at curtains, blankets, sheets......

stenciled tea towels

I trimmed the lace off and pinned it to my piece of drop cloth. I suggest sewing or gluing the raw edges of your drop cloth for a neater look.

stenciled tea towels

I just eye balled the size but you could certainly make them as big or small as you like.

stenciled tea towels

Stencil your pattern on. I like stenciling on fabric.

stenciled tea towels

I'm so happy with how they turned out!! Tea towels can be quite pricey so this is a win in my book! Take a look at more of what I do on my Instagram page, mobilehome_cottage

• Jjqq

I love this idea - but aren't drop cloths kind of scratchy for dishes?

• Laura | mobilehome_cottage

I pretty much use mine as decor. But if you wash it several times and use fabric softener before you stencil it, it will soften up.