5 Easy Upcycles Using Contact Paper

$20
1 Day

I had some things around my house that I wanted to update, but was afraid to do something permanent incase I didn't like them, got tired of them, etc. I used contact paper to upcycle these 5 items. (Tip - great for renters too!)

You can see more of my crazy creations here

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

Here is one of my bookshelves, and I felt it was a little plain.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

I added contact paper to the back panel of the bookshelf.

Place the contact paper by an edge, slowly peel the backing off and slide your hand back and forth to prevent bubbles from forming. If you make a mistake, just peel it up and try again.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

Now it has more depth and dimension to it.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

We had this mini fridge in our room and the white stuck out and didn't fit into our room.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

I added some stainless steel looking contact paper to it.

I cleaned the fridge, and after it dried I stuck one edge down, peeled the back, and slid my hand back and forth to get a clean stick with out bubbles. This contact paper was kind of like tinfoil and a little harder to work with.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

Now it fits in much better.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

I felt my old upcycled TV stand that we use as a charging station needed a little lift.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

I cut foil back splash wall stickers that I found at Dollar Tree to fit the trays. I stuck one end down, peeled the backing off, and slid my hand back and forth to smooth it out as it attached to the tray.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

I placed to piece of glass I had cut to fit the tray on top of each shelf to protect the shelves.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

Our office has french glass doors and sometimes I wished I had some privacy while working in there.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

I didn't want to do anything permanent I would regret, so I tried clear contact paper. I used a piece of regular paper and used it to measure and cut out 12 squares of the contact paper. I stuck the contact paper to the windows, peeled the backing off, and smoothed it onto the glass.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

I placed a stencil on top of the contact paper, and colored in the stencil with a sharpie.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

Now we have a little privacy for our office.

5 easy upcycles using contact paper

This is my grandpa's chest he build and we use it for blankets. I had painted the outside white and I also added contact paper to the inside of this chest to give it a little face lift.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Joanne heneks

Where did you get the chrome contact paper ?

• Mary McDonald

Me neither! I get mine at Amazon. There is a code number that tells you how thick the contact paper will be. Chas , I’ve used that stainless steel looking one and bubbles fairly easily. I’ve recently bought a thicker chrome version and it goes on way better. I use a straight edge as I lay out the contact paper. I find less bubbles and those I do find, I prick with a pin and it can be flat-edged until smooth.

Thanks for your post! You have great ideas!