Asked on Aug 21, 2019

How can I get rid of fruit flies?

Mary BethK. RuppChris
+1

Get rid of fruit flies

• Karla Wells

Pour apple cider vinegar in the bottom of a small cup or jar add a couple of drops of dawn dish soap then cover the top with plastic wrap leaving a small opening. Place in the problem area.

• Chris

First of all-check your pantry for a rotting onion, the kids room for rotting food, or a garbage can, and remove the original problem. near that issue, I place this. I scotch tape a funnel into the top of a glass-sealing the edge of the funnel-then add the vinegar. After a a few days despite refreshing the vinegar-they are not attracted to it. So I empty the vinegar give the glass a rinse and put a pit in there-peach, plum, and they go after it again. Just take the glass outside and release the fruit flies there. I usually put one glass near the original problem and one glass in the kitchen.

• K. Rupp

I have tried all those and they all work well!!! However, I have found the best thing they are attracted to is SOUR BEER!!!!!! Leave some out in a cup and see them swarm! You might want to use the plastic wrap with poked holes too.

• Mary Beth

Hi, Tamara - I have some tips on my blog that work wonders! https://thehowtohome.com/getting-rid-of-pesky-fruit-flies-homemaking-101-tip-6/