Pumpkin Patch Sign: Fall Porch Decor

$0

I love decorating for fall, but I rarely decorate my porch. I wanted to change that up this year, so I decided to make this cute Pumpkin Patch Sign as part of a scrap wood challenge.

For the challenge, us DIY bloggers had to come up with fall decor using wood scraps that we had laying around. This project cost me nothing to make, was easy to do, and I had fun putting it together!

Let's get started!

pumpkin patch sign fall porch decor

For this project I used 3 short wooden stakes and 1 longer wood stake. You can find these at any home improvement store. I painted the 3 shorter stakes with craft paint. I used the colors yellow, red, and orange.

Keep in mind if you are going to leave this outside you may need to apply a sealer after painting everything and letting it dry.

pumpkin patch sign fall porch decor

Using a pencil, I wrote the words that I wanted to use on each stake. I just wrote these by hand because I didn't want them to look perfect. However, you can use stencils if you're not comfortable handwriting the words.

pumpkin patch sign fall porch decor

Using white craft paint I painted over my handwritten letters. It's easier for me to outline the letters first, then fill them in.

pumpkin patch sign fall porch decor

After the paint dried, I used a piece of sandpaper to lightly sand over the paint to give it an aged look. I wish I would have done this before putting painting the letters on because it messed up the white paint a tad when I tried to sand over it.

pumpkin patch sign fall porch decor

Place your 3 smaller stakes on the larger stake to see where you want them to go and how you want your pumpkin patch sign to look. Once you’ve got everything looking the way you want, use wood glue to glue them down. After putting on the glue, find something heavy to lay on top of the sign, like another piece of wood or a heavy book. Let the glue dry completely.

pumpkin patch sign fall porch decor

That's it! After the glue is dry you can decorate with your sign. I put mine in an old flower pot and put Dollar Tree leaves around the bottom of the sign. I also stuck a scarecrow in there, which also came from Dollar Tree.

I had all the decorations on hand from last year's projects so this project cost me nothing to make!

If you'd like more fall DIY inspiration, please visit my blog. I'd love to see you over there!

Michelle