Can you help me troubleshoot what happened to my aloe plants (pic)?

Agnes ChrzanowskaHollyDee
+5

my aloe vera and a couple of my hybrid aloe succulents stems just mushed off from the base. Separated completely from the root. I don’t know what happened.

• Kathy Gunter Law

It looks like too much water to me. I've had that happen when my pot didn't drain properly or we had a lot of heavy rain. Not a problem in 2019.

• Jessica Chartier

this was my first time watering it in 2 weeks. The soil was dry.

• Kmdreamer

Lust trim them and put right in the soil the cut side down they will take right away

Hi Jessica: It could be that the stems were just too heavy. Mine do that occasionally. I just take them off and put them in the freezer. Yup, you can freeze them for later use:) Just thaw and use as you usually do. Or, you can try to re-root it. Check this site for instructions: https://www.hunker.com/12001267/how-to-regrow-a-broken-aloe-leaf

Good luck

• Joan Stanley

Either too much water or the leaves are too long, weigh too much to stand up.

Just stick the loose ones about 1 inch back in the dirt and support them. Water lightly only when totally dry. AloeVera loves to be ignored. Just don't let let them freeze.

• Dee

I do the same thing Betsey does. I have re-potted my aloes and OMG they just keep on growing. I do not water much at all. they are a succulent and like less water.

• Holly

To me, it looks like your soil holds too much water. Replant in sandy soil.

I agree with the person who said you can freeze them if they won't take again. I've done that, and it works like a dream.

I also agree with the person who said your best idea with aloe is to ignore them. Water very sparingly. One fourth cup of water every 3 or more weeks, even longer in the winter, is about right.

• Agnes Chrzanowska

it seams to me plant had tooo much water.