How can I paint wooden kitchen cabinets a light gray color!

FrugalFamilyTimes.comThrifted NestPamela
+1

• Kathy Gunter Law

I think that would be beautiful. Do lots of research because that's a job you don't want to do twice. Make sure you mark all the doors and drawers to where they should be replaced once painted. Put all hardware in a sealed container.

• Pamela

Hi ! I had 1970's oak cabinets with ugly scalloped insets in the doors . I cut beadboard to cover the inset area , glued it down then painted my cabinets. I did a lot of research on what kind of paint to use . I wanted to avoid sanding my cabinets , if possible ! I chose to use Benjamin Moore's advance paint. About $38 and I had plenty left over . What was great about this paint was that you didn't have to sand first or use a primer !!! Just 2 coats of paint !!! I did this 2 years ago and couldn't be happier with how they came out or how well they have held up ! They wash well ! Some prep is needed , you need to clean the cabinets well first ! Use Krud Kutter s de greaser then their de glosser. See my step by step tutorial on this site called New kitchen on a budget.

Good luck !

• Thrifted Nest

That would be gorgeous. I'd use a strong cabinet paint like Benjamin Moore advance, and prep the cabinets really well. Here's a furniture prep guide that works for cabinets too.https://thriftednest.com/how-to-prep-wood-furniture-to-paint/