Asked on Nov 8, 2019

How can I remove rust stains inside a bathtub?

LjgordonKelli L. MilliganSharon
+1

I have rust stains that have developed in my bathtub. Im not sure if the tub is ceramic or porcelain. Looking for suggestions please.

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Sabrina, I have really hard water and a good friend of mine has major iron in her water. She told me her secret. Its incredibly toxic but The Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner actually works on tubs and sinks besides toilets etc.

• Sharon

CLR is made for removing rust, and another product is Iron Out. I get CLR for a $1 at the Dollar Tree for my clients bathroom needs.

• Kelli L. Milligan

It's probably enamel coated iron. Also try soft scrub with a plastic scrubby.

• Ljgordon

if you can see the rust, you might as well do this to stop the rust. Go to NAPA auto parts store and get them to sell you their rust stop. It is a chemical that reacts with rust and stops it from continuing to rust. DO NOT PUT TOO MUCH ON AT ONE TIME. Very light coats. Let dry and recoat 2-3 times. I will not dry the color of you tub. Try fingernail polish to cover.