Asked on Nov 12, 2019

Have metal stamping kits worked for you?

CindyEmy Flint | Semigloss DesignPeggy
+2

Have any of you tried the metal stamping on washers with success?i bought a basic set of letters and numbers with the hammer etc i have practiced but not getting good results I also bought the word hope and the tree of life stamp and it’s so small it looks like a dot on the washerjust curious what everyone else’s experience has beenthanks!!

• Peggy
    Peggy

I have looked at u tube videos

just curious if anyone has done this with success and would like to share their tips

thank you for your reply

• Some sets are nicer than others. Did it come with the blanks that you're using? What kind of surface are you working on?

Softer blanks will be easier to stamp. Intricate designs can be hard to get right at first. Make sure you're hitting it hard enough. You also need to work on a harder surface, like a table. Carpet is too soft. (I was tempted to work on carpet to muffle the sound.)

• Peggy
      Peggy

I bought the Impress Art kit with the block and hammer and I’m working on my kitchen countertop

I’m using blanks that the kit cane with and some I ordered

• Cindy
    Cindy

Hi Peggy. My younger sister bought a stamping kit a few months ago. At first her work was pretty messy. The letters looked disjointed. They didn't line up properly. She spent quite a bit of time practicing and finally her work improved. She has also added pieces to her set along the way. I guess it's like anything else, practice makes perfect. Good luck Peggy.