Asked on Dec 14, 2019

How can I clean cat poop stains from my brown carpet?

EmKmdreamerBetsy
+6

Need help with cat 💩 stains on my brown carpet,any suggestions.

• Kathy

Here in england we have a spray called vanish. Mayb there is something equivalent in america?

• Redcatcec

Here is a link to several methods which answer your question:

https://cleanthiscarpet.com/clean-dog-cat-human-poop-carpet

• Michelle Leslie

Hi MIa, here's a great tutorial that will help you get rid of the cat poop stains - https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/house-and-home/household-advice/a656972/remove-excrement-stains/

• Pamela

Get a carpet cleaner called Folex !!!! I got it at home depot for around $6 for a large container . Hands down the best stuff ever !!! I even keep some in a spray bottle in my laundry room . This works as a spot cleaner as well as in a carpet cleaning machine . Good luck !

• Johnavallance82

Hi Mia,

Cover it with Cat litter, let it do it's job and it will be easier to remove and smell better too..........Best wishes

Hi Mia: I'd try just warm water and liquid Dawn. Wet a paper towel until it's wet, but not soggy and place it on the stain. Hold it for a minute or so and then pick it straight up. Do this several times, without scrubbing, until it gets really clean. Then, you can scrub it a bit. This should work for you. Good luck

• Kmdreamer

Try baking soda and white vinager let it bubble out then shampo spot

• Em

You have to soak the stain and blot it up with clean rags. If you can lift the rug put crumpled newspaper under the stain to absorb the water coming thru and keep from ruining the floor beneath. Use a lot of it. Flush and blot so you are taking the water up not pushing it into the carpet. Also you can rent a carpet cleaner and they work pretty well. I bought one and have had it for over 20 years. I can clean when ever and as often as I like for about $150. there are a ton of them on the market. They suck the dirt and debris out of the carpet not push it in. Most commercial rug cleaners work pretty well.