Christmas Galvanized Bucket Bell Wreath

$30

This is a fun simple project. If you loved the galvanized look, you're going to love how this bucket bell wreath t

Your first step is roughing up two buckets with stainless steel scrubbing pads.

Then pour toilet bowl cleaner all over them and let them sit for 2 to 4 hours or more depending on how rustic you want them (Make sure it is not natural toilet bowl cleaner. You want the harsh stuff).

Next rinse them off thoroughly using rubber gloves to protect your hands.

Step 4: Hammer a nail into the center of the bucket bottom.

Drill a larger hole into the nail hole.

Next you will want to cut about 24 inches of rope.

Then you will thread one end of the rope through one bucket tying a knot inside the bucket and then repeat on the other bucket with the other end of the rope.

To really achieve a galvanized look on stainless steal buckets pour a little water into some mineral paint to dilute the paint.

Then get a little bit of paint on the brush, the least amount possible and brush onto the bucket. Working in small areas at a time.

You will then press a paper towel into the paint on the bucket to remove excess paint.

Once the paint has dried, lay a nice layer of greenery on a flat surface making sure the stems are long enough to be tied together with twine once finished.

Next lay the buckets upside down on the greenery like bells would be hanging and then lay more greenery on the top and add some berries.

Tie the branches together at the top with a knot and wrap more twine around and around pulling tight as you go.

Next make a ribbon and tie it to the branches where the twine is located.

Your bell wreath is ready to be hung up. I choose to display mine on our shed door. It pulls together this wintery look perfectly.

Here is a post with tips on how to hang a wreath on a door and another post with how to hang wreaths in windows.

Linda

• Sue

Where did you get that great looking tree on the right? Love the whole set up!

• Debi

I’ve seen skinny trees like that at Micheals

• Rebecca H

Cute Wreath for the latest ‘Farmhouse’ look. But perhaps you could share the name of the best toilet bowl cleaner we should use, as I’m not very good at guessing this. (I’m going to use the wired black and white ‘buffalo check’ polyester Ribbon on mine.) Also, will the Bells rust outdoors over time with this process or should I spray a Krylon flat, clear protector on it before I decorate them? Thank you and Happy Holidays!

• Gayla

Why not put some bells inside so they con jingle all the way?

• Teresa Bartley

Yes, but later in the year...I loved the look!!

• Teresa

Be careful to protect your clothing. I've had harsh toilet bowl cleaner burn holes in my clothes. Adorable project.