Asked on Jan 7, 2020

How do I seal the ceiling?

KmdreamerCynthia HMogie
+5

How to seal the ceiling

• TannerA

What are you looking at sealing it from?

• Gk

Hello Irene! Not sure what you are concerned about regarding your ceiling. If it is ceiling that has stains on it and you want to cover the stains you should use a primer like Kilz first and then once the primer is dry you can paint with ceiling paint. Hopefully this is the information you are looking for!

• Kathy Gunter Law

Unsure what you mean by sealing but you have several options for ceilings. You can hang sheetrock, do styrofoam ceiling tiles, metal ceiling panels, plastic ceiling panels that look like metal.

• Ken Erickson

Normally a coat of paint is all you need unless it is stained. Then you need to seal bad areas with Kilz or poly before painting. If you have a popcorn ceiling, I would recommend getting it removed. Don't paint over popcorn, because it is more difficult to remove later.

• Mogie

Don't understand why you would put anything on to seal the ceiling. A coat of primer followed by a few coats of latex paint should be all you need.

• Cynthia H

If you need to cover a color or stain, Kilz is my favorite.

• Kmdreamer

If your talking about the edges use white caulking