Asked on Jan 12, 2020

How can I cover cables on a wall mounted television?

Dwp7470bSimple Nature DecorDfm
+7

Looking for something to cover cables from the wall mounted television that landlord hung a little too high. With the wall plug -in being well toward the left of the center of the television and the cord being attached to the right side of the television back, the television's power cord in not long enough to allow using a right angle plastic strip cover strip. The coaxial cable is plenty long but the plug is about 6 inches closer to the center than the wall receptacle. It would seem simpler if I could make a very expensive book case or just a three dimensional narrow box to paint same as wall color and stand it under the floor under he television. Any ideas Must be inexpensive and simple to accomplish. Would it b safe to run the power cable straight through the wall into the bedroom to plug it in behind the bedroom dresser?

• Mike N

Thank you for the helpful advice. My biggest dilemma is trying to decide what color to go with, it was creme, changed it to taupe and torn what color would look best?? I’ll try the paint chips and go from there! Thanks again for the input.

• Michelle Leslie

Hi Jayce, it does sound like you're easiest and cheapest solution would be to run the cable through the wall to the bedroom. This handy tutorial will give you lots of information on how to do that and what to look out for - https://www.familyeducation.com/life/electrical-work/how-run-tv-cable-through-walls

• TannerA

Its not really recommended to run the power cord through the wall without any protection. The link is similar to what some home builders call a smurfy tube. I would recommend something like this. I know you can definitely run your cable through this, just not sure about the power cord. Basically, this helps you easily run a cable through the wall. https://amzn.to/2NjJ3Ah

• Kathy Gunter Law

you Can buy a paintable adhesive cord cover that is removable. I wouldn’t run through the wall unless you put inside conduit. You can also get cord wranglers. I bought a set that is neoprene and zip to pull cords neatly together on Amazon and love the neat appearance.

I also have a similar situation in my bedroom and I bought a bookcase that covers most of the space. I cut it down for tv to sit in top with dvd on shelf below. Doors at the bottom and I hide presents in there.

• Pamela

Hi ! When I rented , I always painted the cords the same color as the walls ! It's not perfect , but really blends in well !

• Linday

Swimming noodles. Cut the length you need and slice it open so you can put the wires in. You could paint the noodle or decorate it if you like.

• Christina Faye Repurposed

Amazon sells cord covers! :)

• Dfm

Go with the cord covers, I found mine in an office supplies store. Measure carefully, the covers are plastic and can be cut to fit your project. Most have a peel and stick tape to hold them to the wall or baseboards.

• Dwp7470b

PVC Pipe painted the same color as your wall. Just Dip the Pipe in the Paint Roller Tin. And let it dry.