An Easy Way To Make Scarf Covered Spheres

$15

I absolutely adore styling my dough bowl. One fun thing to put into a dough bowl is a cute ball or sphere that is decorated someway. While looking for a way to style my winter dough bowl for a centerpiece on our dining room table, I figured out this fun and easy way to cover plan glass christmas ornaments with a cut up scarf that I just love the pattern on.
The first step is cutting your scarf in a circle. I found the easiest way to do this is by tracing a plate.
The shape comes out just large enough once cut to cover the ornament.
Use decoupage and paint it on the ornament and/or fabric. I did a mix of both to get the scarf fully covered with decoupage to ensure it would adhere well.
Now set the ball on the fabric and start bringing up the fabric on the sides. Smooth it out as you go.Once you get to the top, cut the excess and smooth down the fabric with some more decoupage.Last cut a small piece of the fabric and decoupage it to the top to finish off the scarf ball design.
Here is my dough bowl once I had styled it with the dried scarf covered spheres. I simply added some pinecones and snowballs to give a little more winter feel to the look.If you'd like to see another way I styled my dough bowl click here or to see another decoupaged project I've done click here.

Linda

• Donna

I know that a long basket (like a bread basket) would work as well but I love the use of the dough bowl - where can you find one though?