Asked on Jan 18, 2020

How do I clean car headlights?

Lifestyles HomesJaniceHomeroad
+6

How to clean head lights lens

• Dee

Use plain cheap toothpaste from the dollar store. No Flouride. Rub it on with a microfiber cloth, then polish it off. Works like a charm.

• Cindy

Hi Leslie. I'm Cindy. Use tooth paste to clean your headlights with an old tooth brush. Has to be tooth paste, not gel. Lightly rub in a small circular motion. Do not let it dry out. Wipe with a clean cloth or paper towel. Repeat if necessary.

• Vimarhonor

Hello! Are they clouded and you wish to restore?

My husband used this product and it worked very well.

Heres a link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-HDLCAL-Headlight-Restore-Kit/dp/B01FSUKLDW

I often include Amazon links with answering questions —only because I personally can be influenced by the Amazon customer reviews and QA features— that often educate and influence my buying decisions in comparing the quality and effectiveness of products. It might help offer you some information to determine if its a product that could help you

• Cynthia H

I always use the cheapest white toothpaste I can. A damp microfiber cloth will polish the lens. I do a small circular pattern, overlapping the edges. When you are done, wipe any residue off. I use a tiny amount of car wax to seal it.

I did my daughters car. Used a White (not gel) toothpaste and a damp cloth. A dab of toothpaste on the cloth and rub in a circular motion a small area at a time. Keep the toothpaste moist. A separate wet cloth squeezing water as you rub. Wipe as you go along to see the progress. Once done put some paste wax over the lenses.

• Homeroad

Here is a tutorial for cleaning head lights https://www.pinterest.com/pin/441282463477498363/

• Janice

White toothpaste on a small soft cloth will work every time. Just rub gently in a circular motion all over the lenses, rinse with plain water and another soft cloth and dry well. This is works as well as those "kits" you see advertised on TV.

• Lifestyles Homes

The kits from auto parts stores work very well.