Conceal Flower Stems in a Flower Arrangement

$20

If you've ever wanted to conceal the stems in a glass vase for a flower arrangement, here's an easy trick and affordable way to do it!
I had a blog challenge to create a "January Blues" flower arrangement. I started with a blue and white glass vase I had that I found at Target a couple of years ago. I loved the pattern of glass vase but wasn't crazy about seeing the stems of the flowers, as it would detract from the vase.
I used a favorite vase-within-a vase method, placing a smaller vase inside the larger blue and white vase. White printer paper to the rescue!
I used several sheets of white printer paper, trimming them to fit and placing between walls of the vases.
I overlapped the sheets of paper so they would make a nice white background, looking like the design of vase and also hide the stems in the inner vase.
I picked up some hydrangeas and tulips from the grocery store for the arrangement. Always give your flowers a fresh cut at a 45 degree angle for maximum water uptake, removing any leaves that would be below the water line in your vase. Add floral preservative to your vase water to prolong the life of your flowers. Floral preservative packets usually come with grocery store flowers and / or the floral department usually has some packets you can help yourself to when buying flowers. If you don’t have any floral preservative, you can make your own with this easy formula.
Cut hydrangeas are notorious for wilting, so use the alum-dipping method to keep them from wilting. Hydrangeas are thirsty flowers, so check your water level, topping off as needed.
Here's my "January Blues" Flower Arrangement...so much prettier than if the flower stems were visible through the vase. You can use this technique with two clear glass vases and decorative scrapbook or wrapping paper if you want to add a patterned paper to match your decor! Hobby Lobby, Target, Walmart and Dollar Tree are all good places to find affordable glass vases.
Lola and Sophie invite you to drop over for a visit to my blog to *sit* and *stay* a while for more DIYs, floral arrangements and tablescapes. 🐾🐾

30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is